Source: Making Perfect Cuts with Concrete Cutting Sydney
Discovered on: 2021-12-09 12:26:14
Concrete cutting is a challenging task requiring precision, skill, and patience. Not to mention most of the time, you only have one opportunity to do this job right. However, by using the proper concrete cutting Sydney and the latest tools and technology, you can ensure that you get optimal results every time.
Read on to learn what it takes to make the perfect concrete cuts.
Choosing the Right Tools
While the old techniques of cutting concrete, e.g. sledgehammer, chisel, etc., still work, it is highly recommended that you use a specialized circular saw for your concrete cutting job. Most concrete cutting services nowadays use the latest techniques and tools for a reason. The current power saw range available on the market these days is impressive, and it represents the forefront in industrial technology. Therefore, you should consider buying a specially designed concrete saw made for professional, heavy-duty concrete cutting work. Even if you are not a professional, it is still recommended that you have the professionals’ equipment to ensure the best results.
Diamond blades are essential to accompany your concrete cutting saw. They are made to cut through the densest and the most rigid surfaces possible, making light work of virtually any concrete structure you are working on.
Concrete Cutting Do’s and Don’ts
There are several different methods of cutting concrete. The method you choose may vary depending on your specific project. However, no matter which method you choose, there are some concrete cutting do’s and don’ts that you should keep in mind.
Concrete Cutting Do’s
• Start with a single surface cut. In this way, you will be able to mark the area where you are cutting along while also breaking the concrete’s compactness, making it easier to cut through.
• Always use protective safety gear when you are making cuts. Flying bits of debris can be very dangerous and may result in serious injury. So, it is recommended that you wear safety gloves, earmuffs, and goggles.
• When cutting, retract the blade and allow it to run freely every 30-60 seconds. This way, you will make sure that the saw doesn’t overheat.
Concrete Cutting Don’ts
• Don’t ever start cutting without a map planned out in your mind and on the surface for how the project will be completed. Prepare appropriately by using a piece of chalk to highlight where you will cut.
• Never force a blade into the cut and apply too much pressure on the saw. You want to allow the saw’s weight to perform the cutting while you steer it.
Concrete cutting is no doubt a challenging task. It requires patience and expertise. However, even if you are a beginner, you can make perfect cuts on your floors and walls as long as you are familiar with the procedure and have the necessary skills to do the job. However, if you are not sure of your skill, it would be good to hire professional concrete cutting services for help.
City Cut is one of NSW leading specialist concrete cutting Sydney and drilling contractors with over 20 years of experience in the field.